CREATIVE WRITING WORKSHOPS FOR CHILDREN
Creative Writing Workshops suitable for writers of all abilities
Our creative writing workshops are lively and engaging and will cover a range of topics from writing short stories and poetry to writing a script for a film or a play. Children will have the opportunity to be as imaginative and creative as they like. The aim is to get them excited about writing and enjoy it.
Creative writing is also an important part of entrance exams, so this class will help develop the skills needed for 7+, 8+, 11+ exams; however, the main focus is on inspiring creative minds rather than timed intensive exam preparation.
Through a wide range of writing topics children will learn:
- The elements of a story and composition
- Structure and planning with a twist
- How to use Senses
- How to Bring a character to life
- Sentence structure, punctuation, grammar and spelling
- Descriptive content: similes, metaphors, alliteration etc
- Top tips for exam writing
Classes will be kept small (up to 8 children maximum).